[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9.5 installation stops with no indication what's happening

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Thu Nov 6 18:38:01 CET 2014

Hi Kai,
ok.
My first try ended with a java heap space error while starting Tomcat, because I had two other OpenCms webapps there (one version 9 and another with version 8.5).
After removing them, I could start Tomcat and the setup. But it stopped somewhere. Same thing as you described. Tomcat was shut down as well. Nothing in the logs.
Then I updated my JDK from 1.7.0-b147 build 21.0-b17 to  1.7.0_71-b14 (latest JDK 7). I got that hint from Sven because he told me during his installation (after the RAM upgrade) he got an error during setup concerning solr indexing. He googled and found that there was an issue concerning older 64-bit JDKs.

My OpenCms finished just a minute ago without error.
Just for the record. Here are my Tomcat startup settings: -Xms256m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
RAM installed: 8GB.

HTH
Have a nice evening.

Best regards