[opencms-dev] opencms-core compilation - broken link on opencms.org

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 7 10:02:40 CET 2015

Since it seems to be impossible to get users exported/imported from
opencms unless one is using
a more recent version of OpenCMS (the site in question is using 7.0.5),
I decided to build a patched version of the opencms-core from github.

On the website there is a broken link - don't  the inventors of OpenCms
use the "link validation tool" on their own site? - namely the one that
points to the kernel compilation hints:
http://www.opencms.org/de/development/coreOld.html

In the vein of my considerations in getting a clean error free export of
my users maybe someone could try to give an answer to the following
questions:

1. Would it be possible to circumvent the bug in the user CSV export by
      a) a different means of exporting?
      b) using a different browser (rather than Firefox) which isn't
prone to the bug

2. To repair the defective class, would it be possible to exchange it
manually  Stephan Schrader wrote on
     June 19th, 2014 at  09:59, by compiling it on the command line and
what would be the remedy to achieve this?

It is taking me busy now for a couple of days to simply get my user base
out of an older OpenCms site. Please help.