[opencms-dev] exception when trying to publish

Andreas Haumer andreas at xss.co.at
Tue Feb 24 17:01:17 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm currently in the process of porting an old OpenCMS installation (OpenCMS 6.2.3)
to OpenCMS 9.5.0 and I'm seeing the problems reported by Christoph, too!

Am 07.01.2015 um 18:45 schrieb Christoph Kukulies:
> I'm having other woes now when trying to get an old site first running under 9.5.0. Although I have decided to develop the new pages under 9.5.0 and its new features, the old stuff should run also under 9.5.0.
>
> It now turns out a bit weird: I imported (database import from server) the .zip files I took from the old 7.0.5 system and imported them.

In my case I imported the old template module and the site content from the old site.

The template module import went without errors.

The site content import showed the following exception when importing the site users:

Exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.opencms.db.CmsUserProjectSettings
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1720)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1571)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectInputStream.java:625)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1612)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1517)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1771)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:370)
at java.util.Hashtable.readObject(Hashtable.java:996)
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:1017)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1893)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1798)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:370)
at org.opencms.importexport.A_CmsImport.importUsers(A_CmsImport.java:913)
at org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportVersion4.importData(CmsImportVersion4.java:160)
at org.opencms.importexport.CmsImport.importData(CmsImport.java:113)
at org.opencms.importexport.CmsVfsImportExportHandler.importData(CmsVfsImportExportHandler.java:198)
at org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportManager.importData(CmsImportExportManager.java:729)
at org.opencms.workplace.threads.CmsDatabaseImportThread.run(CmsDatabaseImportThread.java:90)

The import seemed to ignore this exception and finished with a success message.
The accounts got imported into OpenCMS 9.5.0 and I can log in using an imported
account.

The imported content can then be viewed in the offline project just fine, in the offline
project the site seems to be usable.

> The yellow flags show together with the open lock symbol  on the folders in the root of the /sites/website folder. Only funny is that the index.html in that to level folder as well as all index.html pages are type plain (as they were in 7.0.5) but they are greyed out and I cannot right click on them to edit their properties for example.

I too see some resources in the explorer greyed out, These resources have type "plain"
in OpenCMS 9.5.0 and it looks like I can't do anything with them: there is no context menu
when I click on the resource icon.

In OpenCMS 6.2.3 those resources have the type "xmlpage"

Othere resources like CSS files, images or JSP files got imported just fine
and I can open and edit JSP pages directly in the workspace, for instance.

> The exception I'm getting when trying the publish, is:

[...]
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.opencms.ade.configuration.CmsADEManager.getPermissionInfo(CmsADEManager.java:617) at org.opencms.workflow.CmsDefaultPublishResourceFormatter.createPublishResource(CmsDefaultPublishResourceFormatter.java:387) at org.opencms.workflow.CmsDefaultPublishResourceFormatter.initialize(CmsDefaultPublishResourceFormatter.java:327) at org.opencms.ade.publish.CmsPublishService.getResourceGroups(CmsPublishService.java:321) ... 60 more

I see exactly the same exception when I try to publish the site.

Any ideas on how to solve those problems?

Thanks!

- - andreas

- --
Andreas Haumer                     | mailto:andreas at xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme              | http://www.xss.co.at/
Karmarschgasse 51/2/20             | Tel: +43-1-6060114-0
A-1100 Vienna, Austria             | Fax: +43-1-6060114-71