[opencms-dev] Fwd: Image scale bug still exists? Scales despite identical dimensions in 9.0

] Code Create [ ocms at code-create.de
Tue Feb 24 18:01:04 CET 2015

Hi,

some time ago I asked the question below.
Since there was no answer, i tweaked the Alkacon SimApi code (which is
based on TwelveMonkeys ImageIO) myself :).

Now it works, the original metadata and profile survives scaling and
compression handling, more precisely it is added back after processing.
For that to work I had to disable the default conversion of JPG images
to sRGB format, too.

I tweaked it for JPGs only, right now not caring about exotic cases of
JPGs since in my web application this is not an issue.

If anybody is interested in the relevant parts of code I changed/added I
will post it here.

Though, use at your own risk, this is just educational :D!

For me it works just fine :)

http://www.andenker.de

Kind regards, Bernd

this seems to be still a problem.
Image data size changes if width and height are identical.
Further more if you specify a quality of 100%, the resulting size is not
the same as without using the scaling function.
I don't need to scale but just change the quality, so width and height
are always the same.
There are even some images, which are bigger (have more data) after
quality change to 90% than the original ...
I read this should be fixed since 8.0.4, but it still happens.
The color profile is removed while using the scaling functionality, too.
That's not acceptable for me.
I did the testing with no image export and no img tag, just changing the
query values in the browser url bar.
Are these known bugs?

Thanx for any hints, solutions, won't fix :D

Kind regards, Bernd