[opencms-dev] where is "create sibling"

] Code Create [ ocms at code-create.de
Fri Feb 27 18:41:31 CET 2015

Why "once again" ? :)
In your ".com" vHost you rewrite internally to your /en/ folder and in
your ".de" vHost you rewrite internally to your /de/ folder.

That apart, I don't understand your /opencms/ to
http://www.mysite.whatever/ permanent redirects. Seems like an endless
loop if that happens inside a www.mysite.whatever vHost?!

Your vHosts (for www.mysite.com and www.mysite.de) get a request for
their relevant domain e. g. www.mysite.com, and in that vHost you
rewrite the url to you the relevant folder e. g. /en/.
Then you do your whatever internal rewrites to the opencms servlet, e.
g. via mod_jk, the best method to do this.

I do not see, where there is any permanent redirect necessary in this
scenario; always involving one more indirection via the user's browser.

In your opencns-system.xml you may also do something like:

<site server="http://www.mysite.de" uri="/sites/mysite/" ... >
        <alias server="http://www.mysite.com" />
</site>