[opencms-dev] Solr Search for Punjabi Site

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Mon May 11 11:02:47 CEST 2015

Hello,

> I have searched for analyser that will support punjabi content. But,
> unfortunately i did not find any analyser. what i am thinking that
> standard analyseris for all type of content for which analyserare not
> available. so i have used this. but this is not working. Please
> suggest me how to do solr search for language or font based search.

sorry, I don't know the answer, I just wanted to suggest (to other
people around), that there may be some connection between your
not-valid-font-based encoding (you posted about some days ago) and your
Solr analyzer problem. I guess in technical terms you don't have a
Punjabi website, it just looks like that to end user (hopefully).

What is an analyzer for?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Analyzers>

So question may be, if at least whitespace and kind of punctuation is
available in a regular way in this font so a quite minimal analyzer
("WhitespaceAnalyzer") is able to help.

Sorry, I'm no expert to Solr etc., you'll need some other advisor... As
support in here seems limited (I have unanswered posts as well) you
maybe should think about paid support.

Regards,
Thorsten