[opencms-dev] Spring MVC integration

Jakub Ječmínek jecmijak at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:19:32 CEST 2015

Hello,
we have existing web application that is written using Spring MVC(Thymeleaf
is used as view technology)
and we need to integrate parts of its view into opencms. For example page
will have header, menu, footer that will
be created in OpenCMS in standard way and content of the page will be
loaded from existing Thymeleaf page.
Also we need to use its existing backend(service layer that handles
interaction with webservices and returns result to view layer).

Problem is that, existing application has many pages, therefore re-writing
everything into OpenCMS modules as JSPs is out of question.
Second possibility that we considered is to integrate spring mvc into
opencms as
is described here
http://blog.shinetech.com/2013/04/09/integrating-springmvc-with-opencms/
but I don't know
if with this solution is possible to have page which is partially rendered
and handled by opencms and partially by spring
view layer(dispatcher servlet + controller class)...

Last idea that we had was to convert parts of the existing Spring MVC
application into portlets that would simply
display there content as is described here
http://www.slideshare.net/AlkaconOpenCms/open-cmsdays-2012-opencms-8-as-a-jsr286-compliant-portlet-server
.
But I have doubt that this would work for our case.

Has anybody some experience with this type of integration? Or is there some
other possible way to
integrate existing Spring MVC application into OpenCMS?

Thank you for any suggestions.

With best regards,
Jakub Ječmínek