[opencms-dev] Layout rows disabled

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Sat Aug 1 00:08:52 CEST 2015

There's the page about the demo in the documentation, and there are some
slides at slideshare
http://de.slideshare.net/AlkaconOpenCms/open-cms-days-2014-responsive-bootstrap-templates-reloaded
- but it's more general about the demo.

But, it seems to me that you think about the rows as something that is
somehow very "magic". But, a layout row is really just an ordinary
content type with an ordinary formatter and formatter configuration. So
you can also create a new contents of the rows - not only use the
prepared once. To understand what the rows can do (the things you can
edit when editing a row and the element settings of it), you need to
know the bootstrap grid layout (http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid).
Knowing it, you should understand the most options of the layout row.
This should enable you to use the rows easily or build a simpler version
of them, assuming your page does not need all the features. You may also
use only one kind of rows - not separate layout and template.
One last thing to think about is maybe who can create and edit the rows.
But that, you should decide for yourself. Some help you may find in the
documentation
(http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/additional-documentation/information-on-the-demo-modules/).

Best, Daniel.