[opencms-dev] CmsTemplateBean cannot be resolved to a type

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Thu Sep 3 16:06:52 CEST 2015

Hi Ricardo,

This is most likely because templateone is not installed.

Another (but unlikely) cause is a missing CmsTemplateBean import directive. You should see this, or equivalent, near the top of your JSP (e.g. /system/modules/org.opencms.module.acucyl/elements/copyright.jsp):

<%@page import=”org.opencms.frontend.templateone.CmsTemplateBean” %>

PS: If you’re not using templateone and/or its features anymore, you can try replacing the CmsTemplateBean instance with an instance of a core class like:

org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspXmlContentBean
org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement.

See also: http://lists.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2006q3/024821.html

HTH :)