[opencms-dev] CmsTemplateBean cannot be resolved to a type

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Sep 11 12:33:39 CEST 2015

Hi Ricardo,

That “unexpected error” message reveals little, and I have no clue why some templateone .properties files are published OK, while others are not. But these errors are bad news, and the fact that the .jar was missing also indicates a critical problem with the module import.

One error here has a clear cause:
Unable to unmarshal XML schema definition content "opencms: //system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone.modules/schemas/layouts.xsd"

It indicates a critical error in this file. Typically that would be a syntax or spelling error.

You asked:
“Do I have to change something in the modules that I imported?”
My answer is “no”. If the module is OK on one install, you should be able to export it and import it on another install. Normally, It should work just as well there.

*Normally*.

Here are some of the things that can cause trouble:
- Core incompatibility (module was written for an older version of OpenCms, and does not work with the version you’re importing on)
- Dependency issue (module depends on stuff that’s missing on the system you’re importing on)
- ID conflict (a module resource type has an ID that’s not available on the system you’re importing on)
- Module resource type uses widget / collector / etc. that has to be defined manually (not sure if this is relevant to you but I have experienced it)
- Missing write permission on RFS folder(s)

It can be hard sometimes to identify the exact root of the issue. Perhaps try an import on a clean local install, and monitor the log to identify the initial error(s)?

Sorry you’re having so much trouble. I hope you’ll get everything worked out soon. (Or perhaps it’s time to ditch templateone..?)

Best regards and good luck,
Paul