[opencms-dev] Solr query specific index

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Mon Sep 14 15:51:17 CEST 2015

OK, so after some more careful reading, I understand that need to define a class on the <index> node.

I tried using the class used by the default index:
  <index class="org.opencms.search.solr.CmsSolrIndex">

This made the NPE go away, but I got zero results no matter what I do - even if I query for everything. It's like nothing's indexed. Re-building made no difference. On a side note: When I tested applying this class on the index that's used in the "regular" site search - the index I'm actually trying to work with here - it broke. (Front-end searching just resulted in "Server error unknown".)

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. :/ Do I have to write a custom class? Define the index/source differently?

My source consists of (mostly) xmlcontent. Here is what I tried so far (did not work):

<index class="org.opencms.search.solr.CmsSolrIndex">
  <name>my_index</name>
  <rebuild>auto</rebuild>
  <project>Online</project>
  <locale>en</locale>
  <configuration>standard</configuration>
  <sources>
    <source>my_source </source>
  </sources>
  <param name="org.opencms.search.CmsSearchIndex.checkTimeRange">false</param>
  <param name="search.solr.postProcessor">org.opencms.search.solr.CmsSolrLinkProcessor</param>
<indexsource>
  <name>my_source</name>
  <indexer class="org.opencms.search.CmsVfsIndexer"/>
  <resources>
    <resource>/sites/default/</resource>
  </resources>
  <documenttypes-indexed>