[opencms-dev] CmsTemplateBean cannot be resolved to a type

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Mon Sep 14 16:05:42 CEST 2015

Hi Ricardo,

You do realize that the class in question is part of templatetwo – not templateone...?

Like Alberto said, the error is very clear. CmsTemplateLayout is either
a) not properly imported, or
b) not “available for import” (i.e. not in the classpath)

Just like before, the problem is likely that the .jar file that comes with templatetwo is missing.

In that case: Install templatetwo (or add the .jar manually to the /lib folder). Then restart the servlet container (i.e. Tomcat).

Best regards,
Paul