[opencms-dev] Function detail page questions

lruggeri at maticad.it lruggeri at maticad.it
Wed Sep 16 15:44:16 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have some questions about function detail pages.

I've done the following steps:

1.       I Created function functions/myfunc.xml which points to
elements/myfunc-formatter.jsp

2.       In module .config, I created a named function which points to
functions/myfunc.xml

3.       In sitemap editor I added a detail page for the named function

4.       I linked the detail function page

The link works fine and the detail page is loaded.

Now, how can I control where/how the function jsp is displayed inside a
container?

Here there is a reference to a property "container.info" which does not
exists on my system (opencms 9.5.0)

http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/demos/dynamic-functio
n-detail-pages/

Then I tried editing "Formatter options->type" parameter in
functions/myfunc.xml, to point to a container of type "full" (bootstrap demo
template).

I also created a container named 'full' on my detail page (with detail flags
checked), but without success. The function is not displayed.

Adding the function  manually to the container works. is this the correct
way to achieve my goal?

If yes, what's the purpose of "Formatter options->type" in function xml
configuration?

Thanks for your help.

Bye, L.