[opencms-dev] understanding formatter config resource_type vs. container_types

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 12 10:02:47 CET 2015

While being in the course of creating some elements, formatters etc. for
a new website I'm trying to understand what the
field "resource_type" is good for?  Is it a value that gotta be chosen
from a list of predefined values
(as the list box behind it suggests) or is it a newly to be created value?
The config-dialog is also extremely counterintuitive WRT what to input
in what fields.
Not to mention what else is hidden magic where to click etc.

One thing I found extremely hidden: to get to the "creating new resource
type" in the Module Management (that you have to click on the module name
to get into a new rich menu choice) All I would have expected (Edit
button, extra button, extra Menu icon etc..) but not clicking on the
name. Very cryptic.

OK, gradually the documentation fills with information about this.