[opencms-dev] ROOTed opencms with mod_jk connector (apache2 + tomcat) - getting rid of /opencms in multisite configurations

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 26 16:36:45 CET 2015

In the past I had multiple connectors in ${TOMCAT_HOME}/conf/server.xml
for every site of the multisite setup.
Looking at
http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/server-installation/apache-webserver-configuration/
I tried the suggested rewrite rules and only one ajp connector via port
8009 in server.xml.

Works surprisingly smooth in the first place, only with one drawback:
the suggested rules seem to provide for a
/opencms installation, not a /ROOT one. With unhappy result that accessing

www.mysite.org results in an error 404 - /opencms/ not found.

Any clues what to rewrite, such that /opencms/ is rediected to / ?