[opencms-dev] Docker image with 9.5.2 ROOTed installation?

Alex Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Dec 2 10:39:54 CET 2015

Christoph,

we are working on a ROOT docker image. We will make this available together with OpenCms 9.5.3 around mid January next year.

This image will not contain an Apache httpd in front of Tomcat.  A load balancing docker container with e.g. haproxy in front of several OpenCms docker containers is what we are going for. Putting Apache httpd in front of Tomcat used to be a performance gain when serving static resources, but today this is not really true anymore. Of course, an httpd on front of Tomcat can also have other purposes, but in a docker installation this should be added by a follow-up image based on the raw OpenCms image.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts