[opencms-dev] Categories: How to handle incompatibilities between older and newer versions

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Dec 18 17:33:16 CET 2015

Hi all,

This script converts category elements in XMLContents and property mappings from old to new category "system":
https://github.com/paulflakstad/NPI-website/blob/master/web/sites/np/scripts/script-category-upgrade-processor.jsp

If you're currently working with the old xmlcontent editor and a "_categories" folder, and want/need to move to the newer approach with ".categories" folder and the new Acacia editor, I hope you'll find this useful.

Although I wrote the script for my own use case (a quite normal one, I think), modifying it to fit other use cases hopefully shouldn't be too difficult.

Have a nice weekend :)

Cheers,
Paul