[opencms-dev] Solr Request on workplace server takes longer than on frontend server

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Dec 23 13:35:49 CET 2015

Hi everybody,
I have a weird problem. My setup is an OCEE cluster with one workplace (wp) and two frontend servers (p1 and p2).
I send the following Solr request to all three servers directy via there IP address:
http://.../handleSolrSelect?fq=type:binary&fq=parent-folders:/sites/default/some/subfolder/&sort=Title_exact asc&rows=3000&fl=Title_exact.
On all three servers the first request takes about 15 seconds to deliver an answer (with about 2000 results).
When I send the request a second time, I get an answer on the wp after 5 seconds.
On p1 and p2 it stays the same (15 seconds).
I have the same behaviour on different cluster setups (our test environment, customer test environment, customer production environment).
Now the questions:
1. How come, that the response times are different between wp and frontend server? Could that be an OCEE issue?
2. Apart from the different response times it seems that 15 seconds response time for a solr query seem to be very long. Can anyone confirm, that this time is normal or where this long response time might come from. Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Best regards
Kai