[opencms-dev] Error and no results on search in multi site system

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Fri Feb 12 10:56:07 CET 2016

Hello,

I'm working on my first multi site 9.5.2 system (as introduced im
OpenCms wiki) and in this I cannot use site search, which is a Solr
based content search. Which is working on another (single site) 9.5.1
system.

Using search form in site does render the page with no problem, just no
content is found. I use my own resource types (all named mit "regio-"
prefix) and did no further configuration on search. This collectorParam
is build in my JSP:

> &q=benutzer&fq=type:regio-*&fq=parent-folders:"/sites/foobar/"&sort=&rows=99999

So I distinguish my different sites using "parent-folders". In backend
administration I cannot search the available Solr indexes, but VFS
indexer has results on alike search. So my call of Contentload tag in
JSP looks quite like this (for better readability I replaced the number
variables by current value):

> <cms:contentload collector="byContext" param="${collectorParam}"
> preload="true" pageSize="10" pageIndex="1" pageNavLength="10">

Log files show no more problems.

As I said I have a comparable 9.5.1 single site system running and site
search works in there. I don't see remarkable differences in
configuration (back end search indexes, opencms.search.xml, schema.xml),
so what am I missing?

Thanx,
Thorsten