[opencms-dev] Error and no results on search in multi site system

Thorsten Duhn duhn at regio-gmbh.de
Thu Feb 18 11:03:53 CET 2016

Hello,

to get to the conclusion: Whole problem was that I want to find XML
content types (which have their list and detail pages) and also content
(like "flexible" in demo modules), which of course are included directly
in container pages, where the container page should be found and listed,
not its XML content (as there of course is no detail page configured, so
rendered link leads to the XML file).

Solution: "type:containerpage or regio-*" (and configuration:
containerPageOnly in schema and SearchContent in formatter).

Still a problem: Contentload lists are not really supposed for showing
containerpage items. You can get file property for title (instead of
item.value.Title), but a teaser is quite difficult to retrieve. I guess
that is why OC10 will get new <cms:search> feature.

I'm quite curious that this isn't a more common problem, is everyone
doing site search like in demo with JavaScript and AJAX? Or has anyone a
solution for retrieving teaser to share?

Regards,
Thorsten