[opencms-dev] Image scaling stopped working

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Jun 3 12:48:18 CEST 2016

Hi,

Image scaling has stopped working - I always get an image that's identical to the original image no matter what __scale parameters I set.

What could cause this?

I can't see anything in my logs, and I'm not sure exactly when it stopped working. Hence I'm not sure what may have triggered this. However, I am certain it *used to* work fine on the very same OpenCms instance, not too long ago. So I suspect the Java version might be the problem. (Java was updated not too long ago by our IT department.)

Could that be it? And if so, how would I go about fixing it?

The system details:
- OpenCms version: 8.5.2
- Java version: 1.6.0_39
- OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.11) (rhel-1.13.11.0.el6_7-x86_64)
- OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
- Tomcat version: 6.0.24
- Servlet specification version: 2.5
- JSP version: 2.1
- CentOS version: release 6.7 (Final)

I would sure appreciate any input on this :)

Thanks.

Best regards,
Paul-Inge Flakstad
Web developer, Norwegian Polar Institute
flakstad at npolar.no<mailto:flakstad at npolar.no>  |  +47 777 50 639