[opencms-dev] Schema mappings to Meta Tags

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Thu Sep 22 09:21:31 CEST 2016

Asif,

URL-mapping and property mapping is a bit different.

If you have a xml-content, lets say a news element and define a property
mapping in its xsd, then the mapped value is written to a property of
the content file, e.g. news_00001.xml.

The URL mapping is used for the display of detail pages. So if you you
have a list of news and want to have a detail view of it yo have to
define the according detailpage for it.
If you would not define the URL mapping for your news then OpenCms would
create a link like /[pathtodetailpage]/[UUID_of_the_contentfile]
Which is not nice. Therefore you can define the URL-mapping (normally
you use the title for it) and OpenCms will create links like
/[pathtodetailpage]/[Title_of_the_contentfile]

Kind regards,
Michael

Am 22.09.2016 um 09:12 schrieb Asif G. Khan:

> Honey,
>
> But how is then urlName mappings working as URL is also not part of
> Schema or Content? You can find this “urlName” mapping in many examples.
>
> Thanks
>
> *Asif G. Khan*
>
> Associate Architect
>
> Global Rescue LLC
>
> Ph: 92-51-2804125
>
> agkhan at globalrescue.com <mailto:agkhan at globalrescue.com>
>
> In the event of an emergency, please contact the Global Rescue
> Operations Center at 617-459-4200
>
> *CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVACY NOTICE*- The information transmitted in
> this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged
> material.
>
> Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of
> any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
> other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
>
> If you received this email in error, please advise the sender and
> permanently delete this message, all copies and any attachments from
> your records immediately.

Visit OpenCms Days 2016 Conference and Expo
September 26 to 27, 2016 in Cologne, Germany - http://www.opencms-days.org

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts

Michael Emmerich

Email: m.emmerich at alkacon.com

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Kandzior, Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 54613