[opencms-dev] tinymce - add custom plugin

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Oct 11 11:19:05 CEST 2016

Hi Lorenz & everyone,

I'm struggling with this too.

>From what I could tell, the file

	/system/workplace/editors/tinymce/editor.jsp

is used only for the "full-function" version of the old editor. That is, stuff like the xmlpage ("Page with free text"), which was retired a while back.

For structured content, I managed to hack my button into the html widget by editing the file

	/system/workplace/resources/components/widgets/tinymce.js

However, the button appears only when using the "old" editor. I have yet to figure out how to add a button to the Acacia editor, and I don't know how much more time I'm willing to spend on this...

Does anybody have a clue? ANY help - even just a hint - will be appreciated! :)

PS: In the longer term, a short how-to in the OpenCms docs / the Wiki would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Paul