[opencms-dev] problems with Java 8, tomcat7, 64bit and OpenCMS 9.5 ?

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Oct 11 14:50:37 CEST 2016

Just a question: are there issues with Java 8 , opencms 9.5 and tomcat7?
I'm trying to resurrect opencms on my notebook and I'm getting all sorts
of strange things like "Not Found The requested URL
/resource/commons/empty.html was not found on this server". The
workplace doesn't come up with its icon resources. Just the left and
right frame, empty and the menu bar. It's 64bit tomcat7, dito 64bit
JAVA_HOME=c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_102,JRE_HOME=c:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.8.0_102