[opencms-dev] 404 - when opening Gallery from HtmlWidget

Thomas Schmidt t.schmidt at md-network.de
Wed Oct 19 21:33:40 CEST 2016

Hello,
i have a generic text element which contains a HtmlWidget. The widget has following schema  configuration:

<layout element="Text" widget="HtmlWidget" configuration="height:400px,link,anchor,source,downloadgallery,imagegallery,fullpage,image,source,table,tablegallery,formatselect“/>

when trying to open any gallery (download,picture; e.g. by clicking on gallery symbol) i get a 404 „Not Found“ „The requested resource is not available.“ error message from the Tomcat web server.

The interesting is that in other formatters for example a image slider which loads a couple of images with „OpenCmsVfsFile“ element I use „ImageGalleryWidget“ - and this works.

The users which are effected have only „Element author“, „Editor“ and „Gallery Editor“ Roles (I would like to keep Roles based rights a small as possible for a certain set of users). When elevating those users to „Workplace Users“ the problem disappears fully.

In my opinion there is a bug(?) or miss configuration for gallery option.
Unfortunately i can’t get anything from logs.

Many thanks for any hint, RTFM - or whatever helps me to get this sorted out.

Kind Regards
Thomas Schmidt

PS.:
The complete formatter can be seen under:

https://sv-althegnenberg.de/support/SvaText-formatter-config.xml
https://sv-althegnenberg.de/support/SvaText-formatter.jsp.txt
https://sv-althegnenberg.de/support/SvaText.xsd