[opencms-dev] Setting user permissions

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Nov 1 11:50:09 CET 2016

This seems to be working:

1. Created a user with role "Workplace user", in the default "Users" group.
2. Set GROUP permissions on the site folder: "Read", "View" and "Overwrite inherited" checked as "Allowed". The rest unchecked (meaning "weak deny").
3. Set USER permissions on the specific resource: "Read", "View", "Direct publish", "Write", "Overwrite inherited" checked as "Allowed". The rest unchecked.

So all in all, quite easy-the trick is that "weak deny" thing, which I keep forgetting about x)

Cheers,
Paul