[opencms-dev] Anyone used UGC (user generated content) as chat?

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Fri Jan 13 15:21:29 CET 2017

Hi list,
we are about to develop a easy chat module for an OpenCms 10 project.
One of my thoughts was to use the user generated content (UGC) feature of OpenCms to do so.
I am unsure because I think that the publishing of a chat message an showing on the page might be too slow.

Did anyone use ugc for a chat? Does it work satisfactory?

Or did anyone implement a chat module for OpenCms and wants to share the code?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards
Kai