[opencms-dev] Starting new site in OpenCMS 10.5

Tue Jan 31 19:59:25 CET 2017

This is a tough one. Some counter questions

- How firm are you with JSP/JEE development
- How complex is the intended design
- Which frameworks (e.g. bootstrap, foundation, angular, ...) do you
intend to use
- Time frame for development
- Man-power
- Budget
- ....

The less expert you are and the closer your requirements are matched by
the Apollo template the better you get along with it.
Your own template gives you certainly more flexibility and enables you
to implement whatever you come up with and you get to know OpenCms
inside out along the ride.

Cheers,

\Fabian