[opencms-dev] Error when place a new module - org.opencms.util.CmsNullIgnoringConcurrentMap - Invalid null value in map

Patric Dosch patric.dosch at virtual-identity.com
Fri Feb 24 10:34:57 CET 2017

Hey List, hey Alkacon,

we have currently a strange behaviour when placing a new module. The module can be placed but the contents are not updated (displayed) when editing until the page is reloaded.

There is an Error in log (until the page is reloaded)

org.opencms.util.CmsNullIgnoringConcurrentMap  - Invalid null value in map
java.lang.Exception
            at org.opencms.util.CmsNullIgnoringConcurrentMap.put(CmsNullIgnoringConcurrentMap.java:172)
            at org.opencms.util.CmsNullIgnoringConcurrentMap.putAll(CmsNullIgnoringConcurrentMap.java:196)
at org.opencms.xml.containerpage.CmsContainerElementBean.initSettings(CmsContainerElementBean.java:575)
[…]

and I have debugged the following => so the formatterSettings#centercontainer is null.

[cid:image001.png at 01D28E86.F0107D20]

Any idea if I have to update something in my module xsd’s or miss some other settings?

Info to our xsd’s. We don’t use the formatter configuration type. We write everything we currently need in the xsd:appinfo - because we are developers ☺
In our example

[…]
<formatters>
<formatter type="center" uri="/system/modules/com...frontend/formatters/section-center.jsp"/>

And the main.jsp

<cms:container name="centercontainer" type="center" width="650" detailview="true"/>

Regards, Patric
Patric Dosch
Senior Developer

Virtual Identity AG
Grünwälderstraße 10-14
79098 Freiburg

t +49 761 20758-442
f +49 761 20758-01

patric.dosch at virtual-identity.com
http://www.virtual-identity.com

Freiburg | München | Wien

Virtual Identity AG
Grünwälderstraße 10-14
79098 Freiburg
Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 6218
Vorstand: Ralf Heller
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Kirsten Heller
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE208002218