[opencms-dev] Modify content using the formatter which render it in opencms

mihai lacusteanu mihailacusteanu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 12:31:05 CET 2017

I created a new resource type with 2 fields: one for an url(path to a
folder) and one for a list of files. Based on the url I want to create a
list of files contained by the folder. I want to create the list of files
in the formatter, but I don't know how to change the value of the field
which would contain the list of files. Also is there another place to put
my code, other than the formatter? If I put the code in the formatter that
list would be recreated every time the formatter renders the content(every
time the page is loaded). Is posibile to put the code "somewhere" where it
gets executed only if the url field gets changed?