[opencms-dev] Zero search results in image gallery when not accessed over site server (Workaround => Search problem)

Jan Michael Greiner jan0michael at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 12:25:10 CET 2017

Hello all,

if the mentioned workaround is applied (load web app handler for https://opencms_workplace:8443 before https://opencms_mysite:8443 in Tomcat), two other problems come to surface.

- Blog overview site shows no articles

- Search fails
(The search failed. Possibly because of an erroneous final search query.
Your original query lorem was transformed to {!tag=q type=edismax qf="content_en spell Title_prop"}lorem.)

Blog list and search are working in https://opencms_workplace:8443.

It seems, now the search index is missing in https://opencms_mysite:8443.

I don't want to debug this further right now.

Attached is some output from opencms.log. I have no idea if the exceptions are related to the problems or not.

This just helped me in the decision for the design of my new website, between working in blog manner or in traditional website page manner ;-)

Sorry, I would like to find out further, if this whole thing with Solr is related to

- Tomcat 9.0.0.M15
- my slow(?) Webserver (has a lot of RAM though, and two - virtual - CPU cores)
- the fact that I am loading the different sites over $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina...
- Bug in OpenCms 10.5.1

- ???

But I don't have the time right now.
Perhaps I will narrow this down another time. Or I will see, if it goes away with the next OpenCms version...

Best regards

Jan Michael Greiner