[opencms-dev] Multi-Language single tree

Martin Kucharczyk kucharczyk at silpion.de
Fri Jun 30 17:58:51 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to implement the new ML single tree approach (see: http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/tutorials/building-a-multilingual-website/#singletree )

It all seems to work in offline mode.
Using online mode all links are generated with the first locale used. So the language switch renders always the same link for each locale (i.e. /en/about-us for de,fr,es)

I am not sure if I have misconfigured my cache or export settings but I have debugged through the code and found a solution (which works for now).
In CmsDefaultLinkSubstitutionHandler.java:266 the cacheKey is built without any locale.
If I add:

+ ":"
+ cms.getRequestContext().getLocale()

it works.

Now I am wondering if it is a bug or if I need to configure properly and if it is no bug, any help how to configure it right ist appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Martin