[opencms-dev] utf pathnames

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 10 10:21:56 CEST 2017

Under Opencms (at least 9.5.3) it's not possible to give a file or
directory/folder/path a name containing 8-bit characters or UTF-8
characters.

When I create an element named "Übersicht" it is automatically converted
to "Uebersicht".

I didn't pay much attention to this in the past but at present I have a
project coming from Windows 7 and the whole path structure is full of
Umlauts in folder and path names. It would be impossible to convert that
all to 7bit ASCII and would be desirable at all.

It's a killer criteria for my project.

Comments (from the makers of OpenCMS)?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies (at) rwth-aachen