[opencms-dev] Import resources, replace all existing content

Asger K. Jensen akj at tmnet.dk
Tue Sep 12 08:42:33 CEST 2017

Hi,
Using OpenCMS 10.5.0

We currently work with two environments: Authoring and Live. Users make changes in Authoring (internally) and publish it locally. A scheduled job then runs that export all resources from /sites/default to a file, and this file is then transferred to the live system, where it is imported again, using the "importResource" command from OpenCMS CLI, after which it is published to make it available.

This works well, except for 3 things:
1) Any asset that is moved/renamed in the source system gets silently ignored by the importResource call

2) Any assets that are deleted in the source system does not get reflected during exportResource.

3) We are accruing new versions in Live on every import.

We have looked at the Enterprise module, but that publishes to Live immediatly upon publish in authoring, and we need changes to go out bulk(to be in lockstep with data from other systema), and with no direct access between the systems.

Point 1) is probably the biggest issue.

Is there any way to specify for importResource that it is a complete import, and that it should (transactionally) do a delete-all first, before importing the resources?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Regards

Asger Jensen
Head of Production