[opencms-dev] Dynamically Add xsd:element Occurrence in Schema

Hinz, Emily EHinz at mt.gov
Fri Oct 27 15:48:32 CEST 2017

I would like to build a content block that is Bootstrap Datatable. The user can define the column labels and the number of data rows, which are both defined as xsd:element. Is there a way to add and remove the number of occurrences of a xsd:element based on the values of other xsd:elements?  I was wondering if the org.opencms.workplace.editors.CmsXmlContentEditor can be used in the jsp to add items to a valueList, or if there is some setting in the schema that could do this as well. I'm hoping there's a solution already available in OpenCms via various tags and already built functionality. I would prefer to not have to do any custom bean programming, and we cannot use scriplets.

Any thoughts?