[opencms-dev] Network share error editing resources that have been published

Cam McHugh cam.mchugh at zu.com
Fri Nov 17 18:46:38 CET 2017

I have mounted the VFS as a network share on linux using CIFS, and am
having problems editing resources that have an online version. I can edit
these resources using the native OpenCMS editor, but not through the
network share. Using vim in this case, upon saving a file I receive an the
error "E212: Can't open file for writing".

This is the error logged by opencms:

	at org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.createResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:1134)
	at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.createResource(CmsDriverManager.java:2022)
	at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.createResource(CmsDriverManager.java:1811)
Caused by: org.opencms.db.CmsVfsOnlineResourceAlreadyExistsException:
Error trying to overwrite the online resource
"/system/modules/com.example.module/formatters/test.jsp". The resource
is offline available at
"/system/modules/com.example.module/formatters/test.jsp~", publish it.

The file is shown as changed (red) and locked in the VFS explorer after,
with a new offline version in the history, but the edits obviously do not
appear in this new offline version. I can edit new, unpublished resources,
but once the resource is published, I start getting the error above.

I'm using jlanConfig.xml copied from the demo without any modifications,
nor have I modified any other OpenCMS config files. I'm new to OpenCMS, so
admittedly I might be missing some concepts, but after reviewing the
documentation a number of times, I believe I've configured the share
correctly.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

--

Cam McHugh

Technical Lead  |  *zu*

Twitter @zutweets  |  Facebook www.facebook.com/zulive

Phone 306 653 4747  |  Fax 306 653 4774

303 Pacific Ave  |  Saskatoon SK  |  S7K 1P2

www.zu.com