[opencms-dev] OpenCMS built-in image scaling/cropping engine

Alex Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue Apr 3 13:18:33 CEST 2018

Jan,

regarding your questions about the OpenCms image scaler:

> * Can be the image cache shared among cluster nodes by means of shared file system - e.g. GlusterFS?
Yes, this could work. Have not tried it though.

> * What is the difference between type 6 and 7 cropping modes? I have already tried them and they gave me the same result.
This was regarding the handling of the cropped result area in case you scale the image at the same time. One of these modes calculates the result pixels as part of the target pixels, the other somehow uses the original pixels. The exact details elude me right now. You will see differences only in case you crop small pieces of large images while at the same time scale the image to a smaller size.

> * I found render mode "SOFT". What can it be used for?
This tells OpenCms to blur images before downscaling the image, meaning the smaller images will appear "softer".
See: https://github.com/alkacon/alkacon-simapi/blob/master/src/com/alkacon/simapi/RenderSettings.java <https://github.com/alkacon/alkacon-simapi/blob/master/src/com/alkacon/simapi/RenderSettings.java>

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior