[opencms-dev] SSL proxy and problem with internal links

Knezik Jan jan.knezik at vsb.cz
Tue Apr 10 08:31:16 CEST 2018

Hi Filip,

we have experienced the same problem and we have already solved it. You have to do following steps (working with OpenCMS 10.5.3):

* update Tomcat configuration settings - add proxyPort="443" scheme="https". Here is an example (we are running Tomcat physically on port 9443):

<Connector port="9443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443" URIEncodings="UTF-8" proxyPort="443" scheme="https">

* set property workplace-server to https value and secure server property for particular domains in opencms-system.xml file:

<sites>

<workplace-server>https://editor.mydomain.cz</workplace-server>

            <site server="http://mysite.mydomain.cz" uri="/sites/mysite/" title="MySite" position="5.0" webserver="true">

                    <secure server="https://mysite.mydomain.cz" exclusive="false" error="false"/>