[opencms-dev] problem with search in navigation when using secure site.

Gratian Francis gfrancis2 at cancercare.mb.ca
Wed May 9 19:22:44 CEST 2018

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with the search on my site, that I think might be because of the site configuration, using OpenCMS 10.0.0

In my navigation head I have the search form:

<form name="searchFormHeader" id="mySearchForm" action="${cms.functionDetail['Search page']}" method="post">
                                <input type="text" name="q" class="form-control" placeholder="Search" id="searchWidgetAutoCompleteHeader" />
                                                <button class="btn-u" type="button" onclick="this.form.submit(); return false;">Go</button>
</form>

I've noticed it worked fine on when using it in the workplace or the unsecured site, but it does not function when it I test it on the secure site.

I have the workplace site configured as https://opencms.mysite.ca, the unsecured site as http://www.mysite.ca, an a secure site as https://www.mysite.ca

When I try a search term on the unsecured site and the workplace site it functions correctly as in that it takes me to my search detail page, and shows the relevant results, when I try on the secure site however it still redirects me to my search detail page, however it does not pass the search term to the page and as such the page is populated the default search results, however the results appear correctly when using the search bar in search detail page jsp.

I'm wondering If I have misconfigured my site for this to have happened:

I created secure vhosts for the workplace site and secure site and an unsecure vhost following the example in the documentation.
The workplace site and the secure site each are using their own ssl certificates., I also have a rewrite rule such that the unsecure site will redirect to the secure site so that only the secure site is served.

Cheers,
Gratian Francis
Junior Programmer Analyst
CancerCare Manitoba