[opencms-dev] Totally lost with list and detail page

Gerd Schrick mail at schrick-design.de
Tue May 15 04:43:45 CEST 2018

Dear All,

in 10.5.3 (tomcat 8 standalone) I tried to set up a list and detail page as described in the doku (http://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/content-in-opencms/lists-of-resources-and-detail-pages/) for some hours now but it ended just in a mostly frustrating adventure ... hopefully someone can help to proceed with more success. ;-)

Here in short my issues:

1) created news_list.jsp and a dynamic function in my module ...
unable to "drop it on a container page" (I can drag it but the container won't accept it) - how to enable that?
finally was able to create a new list-page after I added it as Function to module config - is this the only way?

2) list works as expected but no "+" shows up to add a new item although the docu says: "[...] if the attribute editable is set to true [...]"
my config is:
<cms:contentload collector="allInFolder" param="${folder}|my-news|${count}" editable="true">
when I add "|${folder}my-news_%(number).xml" (or something else) to the param attribute the + is shown but then I finally get an error "The new file name pattern "/news/article/.elements/" does not contain the number macro." when selecting "Copy" or "New" in the dialog that shows after a click on the +.
UPDATE: just found out that it works when I use param="${folder}my-news_%(number).xml|my-news|${count}" - this should be mentioned!
Is there a doku about the collectors and their parameters? Where to find? I still can't get collector "allInFolderNavPos" to work ...

3) added a detail page as described and checked in sitemap config
but a click on the item link in the list as well as in explorer on the item's content file via context menu > Display says there's no detail page configured for the resource (but it is and it's not disabled in the module config!?)

And yes, I'd like to use and understand the "old" way, although an alternative for V10+ is recommended (what I did not try yet).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Gerd