[opencms-dev] removed mimetypes in OpenCms 10.5

Alexander Kandzior a.kandzior at alkacon.com
Sat Jun 2 09:17:28 CEST 2018

Kai,

Since the mime type list in OpenCms not been updated for quite some time, it contained a lot of old mime types that are not widely used anymore.
More important, it also missed a lot of newer mime types that have become popular in recent years.

We revisited the list of mime types for OpenCms in order to add newer formats and remove old, unused formats.

To do that, we compared the list of mime types used by popular serves such as Apache httpd and nginx as a guide.
We added types found on those lists an removed types that seemed not longer required.

HTH,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts