[opencms-dev] Opencms 11 translation

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Dec 20 17:44:38 CET 2018

Filip,

Regarding translation, we are indeed using a new approach.

First of all, we have made some changes to the way OpenCms loads the resource bundles.
These allow us to load all bundles in the VFS into one folder.
There we can use the integrated resource bundle translator that is part of OpenCms since 10.5.
Publishing from the resource bundle translator will automatically re-load all messages also for the OpenCms workplace.
This means you can quite easily make some changes and see if everything works as expected, without always restarting.

To collect all resource bundles form OpenCms I have written a simple BASH script.
I will send this to you in a PM.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior