[opencms-dev] Solr autocomplete/suggester

Stephan Schrader zstephanz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:15:27 CET 2019

Hi Theo,

we did this once with help of reflection. At the end the code could look
like this:

        CmsObject cmsObject;
        String query;

        CmsSolrIndex searchIndex = CmsSearchManager.getIndexSolr(cmsObject,
null);
        Field solr = CmsSolrIndex.class.getDeclaredField("m_solr");
        solr.setAccessible(true);
        SolrServer solrServer = (SolrServer) solr.get(searchIndex);

        SolrQuery q = new SolrQuery(query);
        q.setRequestHandler("/suggest");
        q.addFilterQuery("expired:[NOW TO *]");

        QueryResponse queryResponse = solrServer.query(q);

Another solution would be to deploy a Solr Webapp and use the configuration
/ index provided by OpenCms. That way you could use Solr HTTP-API.

Stephan