[opencms-dev] Remove search magnifying glass icon element for single site

Douglas Slattery doug4350 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 20 21:39:49 CEST 2019

Hi OpenCms folks,
I'm a newb to OpenCms, but seasoned developer & trying to build a simple site for my startup with a landing page & a couple of links to "about us" & "our products" pages.  All static content.
I've used the demo site with the slick animations in the complex-slider modules to create my content and links to the other static pages.
I don't need the search capability and have been searching & chasing down how & where to delete it or hide it.  I'm comfortable doing a simple hack to get it working on the backend modules, jsp's or wherever it makes sense to do it.  I haven't been able to find specifically where that is done.
I've deleted the jsp-search directory from my site tree's .content directory.  I've also edited opencms-search.xml and set <solr enabled="false">.  I've also read somewhere that the search is built into the server side code, so I'm down to picking that apart next, which looks like an unpleasant bumpy road to go down.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you could offer.
Also, once that's done, is it possible to export the site to a stand alone static site with only html, css & javascript?  I've read about people attempting it, but I've tried it without luck using the export database and static export modules from the launchpad.
Thanks in advance for your help.- Doug
"Nothing is impossible if ImPossible"