[opencms-dev] Please help increase performance of OpenCMS site

Андрей Диканский andikk at mail.ru
Fri Jun 14 09:27:26 CEST 2019

Please help increase performance of OpenCMS site.
After production we have problems with performance of the site. The problem is that it takes about 7 seconds to load the page. Most time (about 6 seconds) it takes to load html. Less than 1 second it takes to load other resources (images…).
Parameters of our system:
Database: 350 Gb
RAM: 40 Gb
CPU: 8 cores 2,4 GHz
File system: ZFS
MySQL: 5.7.22
Java Oracle JDK 8
Ubuntu 16.0.4
Tomcat 9
Apache 2
For monitoring we use MySQL Workbench and Atop. Load of CPUs is about 50%, JVM takes 19Gb of RAM, 20Gb of RAM takes MySQL. Traffic of inner interfa с e is about 250Mbs.
Amount of queries to database is about 17000 per second!!!
We use static export for images and some pages. It takes about 0.5 second to load exported page. But we use static export not for all pages. We don’t use it for dynamic content and detail pages. We also use flex-cache. But still pages with detailed pages load about 7 seconds.
What’s wrong with our system? Why the amount of queries to database is so large? How can we increase performance of the site?