[opencms-dev] Creating a template for non-related content pages

Tom Wolf twb15 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 12:49:46 CEST 2019

Hi all,
How would you recommend creating a template for non-product (non-related) content pages - for example: home-page, about page, legal page etc...

The only thing in common to these pages are the header and footer (and theme).

Right now, I have a page template (container pages) which allow me to create new pages with the site map and drag a single resource type into the page where I place html code (<div ...).

I don't like it because I do not have the advantages of a detail page (where I can access the content from outside of the formatter) and that it requires a container page and a resource.

Idealy, I'd use the old-style template and structured-content (like in OpenCms 6) and still have the ability to create pages in the site-map.

Thanks!