[opencms-dev] Need JSP specific info on OpenCMS

Nili C nilimesh at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:36:32 CEST 2019

Hi,

We are at a very initial stage and pondering if we could use OpenCMS for our content needs, and I need some help answer few questions on OpenCMS.  Will appreciate any help to make this decision.

  1.  Currently, we render JSP's for all our content needs (not HTML).  All the demo/examples I find mostly talk about HTML content.  Can we use OpenCMS to create JSP's instead of HTML pages?
  2.  Can we edit the JSP's online (wysiwig) - or do we need to open the file separately, save and then reload the page each time?
  3.  When we export the JSP, can it contain includes (such as <%@ include file="../myframework/includes/Header.jsp" %>.
  4.  Can we use simple JSP scriptlet within the JSP to be created?  (to customize content for specific user groups set in the session object)
  5.  Is there any good demo / documentation that shows how to do the above?
  6.  Are there any OOTB templates/modules that can be used to achieve the above?
  7.  Any advise, watch out, dont do this, etc. for creating JSP's will be greatly appreciated.
  8.  Finally, is there any developers forum, that one can join, discuss and that has better search?  or this mail list is only the way for developers to get any answers?

Thanks & Appreciate your help.