[opencms-dev] Remove metdata from PDF on upload

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Tue Nov 26 11:58:36 CET 2019

Tobias,

without having done this my idea would be the following:

Extend the org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeBinary with you own
class. There, overwrite at least the createResource method and check if
the file is a PDF. If so, use PDFBox to modify the binary content and
then call the super method of the createResource method with the
modified content.

Take a look at the CmsResoruceTypeImage as an example how to modify the
binary content in the createResource method.

You must then modify the opencms-vfs.xml to use your own class for the
resource type "binary".

This is not tested, but i think it should work.

Bye,

Michael