[opencms-dev] How to edit resource bundles

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Thu Feb 27 08:31:15 CET 2020

Hi Alexander,

please have a look at
https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/localization/message-bundles/
and the related topic on the "Message bundle editor".

Basically, you give the files the correct type "Property resource
bundle" and change the name of the file: the locale-less bundle in
particular should be named according to the name scheme:
"full.bundle.name_locale" and typically reside in the "i18n" subfolder
of the module they are imported with, but if you use OpenCms only as
editor, you might place the bundles somewhere else and also name them
somehow else (only the locale-postfixes are important). Moreover, ensure
that you configured all the locales in the opencms-system.xml.

Best, Daniel.

Am 26.02.20 um 22:19 schrieb Alexander Curvers:
> Hi,
>
> I have an existing resource bundles
> messages.properties
>   messages_es.properties
>     messages_nl.properties
> containing multiple language translations. I am new to opencms, how
> could i make a start for now to use opencms as a web editor just to
> edit these bundles. I cant find any resource bundle editing options in
> the gui, but i know they exist.
>
> thank you for your help
>
> Kind regards
>
> Alexander

Kind Regards,
Daniel.

Daniel Seidel

Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG - The OpenCms Experts