[opencms-dev] Form generator

Antonio Cordeddu antoniocordeddu at coranto.it
Mon Feb 15 10:09:28 CET 2021

Hello Thomas,

I'm successfully using the module "com.alkacon.opencms.v8.formgenerator"
on OpenCms 11.0.x/Tomcat 9.0.x/Java 1.8
I had some troubleshooting with Captcha, but I solved it, also by using
the patch you can find on git repository.

About compiling from source in the past I successfully compiled and
customized the library but I haven't experience with version 11.

Kind regards
Antonio Cordeddu

On 13/02/2021 00:54, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
> Hello,
> sorry - I have overseen your reply.
>
> I would like to have my setup as clean as possible - and not load the packages „com.alkacon.opencms.formgenerator“ as it depends on many resources (tags, …)  from „alkacon.mercury.template“.
> If I would load „alkacon.mercury.template“ package - I would get all the Formatters/Schemas etc from „alkacon.mercury“ which would make IMHO my project quite messy.
> In my opinion the dependency from "com.alkacon.opencms.formgenerator“  of „alkacon.mercury.template“ is a bit sad - because it prevents just to use the Formgenerator as it is.
>
> I tried also the old v8 Formgenerator (which works perfectly in an old setup of mine) - however now with newer Java the Binaries are not working anymore (it complains e.g. about untyped lists and other untyped data structures). I tried as well to compile it again and try to fix those issues - however the newer gradle doesn’t want to proceed either (there seem to be a significant step between gradle <4 and the higher versions).
>
> Additionally I’m quite challenged to understand the mechanism and the relation of the alkacon.mercury.webform.* and how it could be integrated in a simple way into an own webform package.
>
> At the moment i’m stuck in the decision doing something new from scratch (a lot of work, while something already working potentially there), doing a „Frankenstein“ version by using alkacon.mercury.webform.* partially - because it is hard to understand how to integrate (I dislike Frankensteins ;-) and that kind of ugly solution)  or trying to get the old (may V8?!) code running in that new OpenCMS 11/Tomcat10/Java11 Environment …
>

> Any further advises are more than welcome
>
> Thanks for all your answers so far
>
> Kind Regards
> ThomasS
>

>> Am 04.02.2021 um 11:51 schrieb Schliemann, Kai <K.Schliemann at comundus.com>:
>>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> we are currently working on a OpenCms 11 project and planned to use the "Mercury template formgenerator".
>> Would be great, if we could share experiences on that.
>> Would you mind telling me, what your problem was on separating the generator from the Mercury template?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Kai

Coranto informatica di Antonio Cordeddu
Via Torricelli, 9 09047 Selargius (CA) - Italy
antoniocordeddu at coranto.it
Skype: antonio.cordeddu
http://www.coranto.it